DH 101 2015: Project Charter Draft
Emily Cook, Kimi Kennedy, Brandon Howes
Goal: Create a timeline of Tom Carter’s contacts during his time as editor of Shenandoah and interpret their influence on Shenandoah.
- Make a DH project using the letters between Tom Carter and Ezra Pound, and old copies of Shenandoah.
- Each group member fully learns how to use whatever technology we choose to help us accomplish this goal.
- Actively learn from the process and have a positive attitude about what we are learning
- Create a deliverable that will be useful to the W&L community in the future
- Defining and completing a specific, feasible goal
- Completing all assigned blog posts
- Maintain a Googledoc to manage responsibilities
- Clearly delegate equal tasks to each group member
- Speak up and share ideas; or communicate about which tasks you are interested in
- When in doubt, ask a group member first then the Professors
- Speak up if you can’t complete something or are having a hard time
- Do the work you are assigned to do
- Have a weekly to-do list with agreed-upon responsibilities and tasks
Differences of Opinion
- Respect other peoples’ opinions
- Realize that other people will have different opinions than you
- Majority rules
- Appeal to authority if everyone disagrees
- Learn new technical skills
- Learn project management skills and stick to the charter
- Public writing skills